Seasonal Vehicle Maintenance Checklist
A handy to-do list for transitioning your vehicle from summer to fall.
Seasonal vehicle maintenance checklist:
- Clean air vents to rid of any dust and dirt particles
- Test your heating and A/C
- Vacuum the upholstery and under the seats
- Remove and clean the floor mats
- Cleanse germs from your steering wheel
- Wipe the dash and centre console
- Clean windows and rear view mirror
- Test your internal lights – dash, door ajar, overhead
Subscribe & get more from Onlia
- Test your wipers and replace any blades, as necessary
- Test your lights (headlights, breaking, turn)
- Clean external mirrors
- Squeegee or car wash – both are fun!
Under the Hood:
- Check your engine oil
- Check your fluids – Brake, power steering, washer, antifreeze/coolant
- Check your filters – Air, cabin, fuel
- Are any indicator lights flashing on your dash? This could be an indication of a need for specific servicing. A trip to your vehicle servicing provider can help for additional maintenance needs.
On the Ground:
- Check your tire pressure
- Check your tire tread depth
- Depending on how many km’s you’ve driven, a tire balance and rotation may be needed
The above tips are intended to help keep your vehicle safe and tidy between seasonal check-ins with your licensed vehicle servicing provider. We hope these tips will help you get your vehicle ready and safe for fall driving!
Until next time,