Tenant insurance for
as low as $10 a month

Get premium protection for the things you love at an affordable price.


Complete coverage. Affordable prices.

Protection for your belongings that makes it easy to understand where your insurance begins and the landlord’s ends. Get a personalized quote in under five minutes and see if Onlia's tenant insurance is right for you.
Buy online and be covered the next day. 


Tenant insurance coverage

Fire Damage

Fire and smoke are common culprits of property damage. If they occur, we’ll pay to replace your personal property.

Flood and Water Damage

Comprehensive overland water protection, covering your things if they’re damaged by flooding or sewer backup.

Theft and Break-ins

Coverage for your belongings, like appliances, electronics, and furniture if they’re stolen or damaged at home, or some place else.

High-value Items

Want more protection for valuables like bicycles, jewellery, or artwork? We cover up to $10,000.

Personal Liability Coverage

Legal protection if you’re sued due to someone else's injury or property damage, even if it happens in another country.

Emergency Accommodations

We cover accommodation and living expenses for you and your family if something happens to your home that makes it unfit to live in.

Identity Theft

If you or someone in your household is a victim of identity theft, we’ll help you through the recovery process.

Legal Assistance

Need help with a legal matter? We’ll refer you to a preferred legal counsel who specializes in your situation.

Start a quote to see more details about Onlia's coverage and how it protects you. Or, check out a sample home policy.

How tenant insurance works

How tenant insurance works

How does it help me?

You get financial protection if the things you own are damaged or stolen. From fire and water damage to theft and break-ins, tenant insurance covers the cost to repair or replace your personal property so that you don’t have to.

Do I need tenant insurance?

You won’t be breaking any laws without it, but you’ll be risking a lot of personal cost if something happens to your stuff. Some landlords will require that you have insurance to rent a place.

How much coverage do I need?

That depends on what you need to protect! Before buying insurance, do an inventory of your belongings to determine how much coverage you need.

What if my landlord has insurance?

Your landlord’s insurance protects their property, not yours. If something happens, your landlord's insurance won’t cover the cost to replace the stuff you own, or provide you with liability coverage.

Condo insurance made easy

Because you can’t predict what could happen – like losing your laptop abroad or having an E-Bike stolen. With Onlia’s tenant insurance you’ll be ready for life’s unexpected moments. Plus when you bundle with car, you can save even more.


Premium coverage

You’ll always get more than baseline coverage with Onlia’s standard policies. Upgrade your coverage and add extras for more protection.

All online

Get a quote, buy, and manage your policy all online. No phone calls or paperwork required — ever.


You’re in the driver’s seat at Onlia. Adjust coverage, add or remove vehicles or drivers online, anytime.

Better discounts

Eligible discounts for car, home, tenant, and condo insurance are automatically applied at checkout. Learn more about ways to save.

24/7 claims support

We’re always here when you need us the most. Our caring team is happy to guide you through every step of the claims process.  

Flexible policies

Insurance should be able to keep up with whatever life throws your way. With no contracts or fixed terms, Onlia’s policies can roll with life’s changes. 
Here when you need us

24/7 claims service

The insurance may be online, but there’s a team of humans ready to help when you need it. We’ll guide you through every step of a claim and make sure you get the coverage available in your policy. We’ll also arrange for any repair services or alternate accommodations you need.