Accessibility | Onlia
Accessible consumer service at Onlia
Onlia is committed to the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, we work continuously to provide an open and accessible environment where all consumers receive equal quality and value from our services.
The core of our stance on accessible consumer service is simply this: if you are a person with a disability and need accessibility accommodations relating to our product or services, we’ll find a way to accommodate your need(s) in a way that is mutually agreeable.
Our policy below outlines the steps we’ve taken, or plan to take, in providing accessible consumer support. This policy applies to all Onlia staff, volunteers, and third-party vendors providing service on our behalf.
We encourage you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns relating to this policy.
Using our services
We strive to provide information to all consumers in a way that is both practical and consumer friendly.
As a digitally-driven organization, Onlia has designed our website with accessibility in mind, and meet a (WCAG 2.0 Level A) rating. Most of the viewable content on our website is customizable via web browser, including: adjusting the page/text size, enhancing page colors, and the use of text to speech or screen readers.
Our support channels are primarily digital, and include live chat, email and in some cases, you can also reach us by phone.
If you have an accessibility requirement, we're happy to provide any of the documentation we offer consumers (e.g. policy wordings) in an alternative format on request. Just let us know, and we'll work with you to find a reasonable accommodation as quickly as we can.
Training our team
Members of Team Onlia who are responsible for taking care of our consumers will receive training on providing accessible consumer support. This includes:
- How to communicate effectively with someone experiencing a disability.
- How to respond to accessibility requests.
- What do to if a person with a disability has advised they are having difficulty accessing our product or services.
- How accessibility devices interact with our website and service platforms.
- Knowing the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
To ensure accessibility is considered on a continuing basis, training will be updated and provided on an ongoing basis.
Assistive devices, service animals, and support persons
For any event or meeting we host that may include consumers or community members, we’ll take the following accessibility considerations:
- Any person with a disability may use their own assistive devices, service animal, or support person as needed.
- Onlia reserves the right to request and review requisite documentation for the device/service animal(s).
- If a health or safety concern were to arise where Onlia determines that a support person or service animal is unable to enter our premises or event space, we will suggest and support an appropriate alterative.
- If an assistive device, or service animal were to pose a health or safety concern, Onlia would seek to offer alternative methods of access/support for the impacted parties.
- The individual who is accompanied by any assistive device or support animal is solely responsible for its care, custody, and control.
- If a concern surrounding accessibility were to arise, we would seek suitable and reasonable alternatives that were inline with the nature of the specific event.
- All points described within this document must also adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
Notice of temporary disruptions
In the event of a disruption that prevents us from providing our product/service to our consumers, we will endeavor to resolve the concern as soon as practicable, and to notify our consumers by either;
- a notice of disruption posted on our website
- an automated message on our phone system, or
- an email to impacted consumers
- alternative methods as necessary
Modification to this or other policies
Onlia’s policies have been developed to ensure we respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with accessibility needs, and will be reviewed and modified as needed.
We recognize that even with our best efforts, there are no ‘one size fits all’ solutions for accessible communication. As such we request the support and collaboration of those who have accessibility needs, to help determine which method(s) of communication will be most mutually effective. Feedback is important to helping us make sure that we’re living up to the standards of support required by those with accessibility needs. If you need accessibility support, or have any questions or feedback for us on how we’re delivering on the commitments outlined above, please reach out to us using the contact information below. We’re looking forward to learning and growing with our community.
Onlia Holding Inc.
351 King Street E., Suite 801
Toronto ON M5A 1L1
Effective date: October 1, 2018