Not sure how to buy home insurance online, or new to the process? We’ll take you through everything you need to know when it comes to buying an Onlia home insurance policy online.
Getting a quote
The first step to buying Onlia home insurance is getting a quote – which you can do in minutes, online.
What information do you need to provide?
To calculate your quote we’ll need a few details about your home. Can’t set up a policy for you if we don’t know anything about your property!
- Your address (obviously). Where do you live? We’ll need your full address.
- The type of property you live in. Do you live in a house or condo?
- Details about your property. What year was your home built, and how many storeys is it?
- Information about ownership and occupancy. Do you own or rent your home? Do you live in it, or rent it to someone else?
- What’s your insurance history like? Have you had home insurance in the past 3 years, or made a claim in the past 6?
All of these details will help up determine your risk factor, and calculate your monthly premium. They’ll also help us identify the discounts you’re eligible for.
Choosing coverage that’s right for you
This isn’t a 'one size fits all' deal; once you’ve gotten your quote, you can customize your coverage to fit your lifestyle. You can adjust your deductible and coverage limits to best suit your needs, and select endorsements you’d like to include in your policy. Additional coverages are optional (of course) and can be added at your own discretion.
Once you have all of your coverages in order, you can add your policy to your cart and either checkout, or move on to add another quote – either for another property, or for a vehicle. If you bundle your home and auto policies with Onlia, you can save up to 5% on eligible auto coverages, and up to 20% on eligible home coverages.