Go online with Onlia for home insurance in Toronto
Get affordable home insurance in Canada’s largest city.
More affordable home insurance is important in Toronto
If you live in Toronto, more affordable home insurance is one of the few ways you have left to control the rising cost of living in Canada’s largest city.
The average price of home insurance in Toronto is nearly $1,600 per year — $200 more than the national average — so every dollar counts.
Go online with Onlia for home insurance
Buying home insurance from Onlia is a fully digital experience. This means no middleperson between you and your policy.
Direct insurance is better for everybody who needs home insurance, because you can:
- Build your own policy in minutes
- Add/subtract coverage as your living situation changes
- Know the money is going to be there if you need it
And going online with Onlia is the easiest, fastest way to get digital direct home insurance in Toronto. Getting a quote. Purchasing a policy. Augmenting coverage. Submitting a claim. All done online.
Also, because we’re direct, we can offer all kinds of discounts to bring down your monthly insurance cost, like for having a good credit score and for bundling your home and car insurance with Onlia.
Home insurance coverage in Toronto
While home insurance isn’t required by law in Toronto, many lenders require that you have it. But even if you’re mortgage-free, it’s still strongly recommended to keep you from going out of pocket to pay for major damage, replace stolen items or cover medical and legal costs for someone injured on your property.
Types of home insurance from Onlia
Whether you’ve just bought your first time, planning to rent, or have a condo, we have insurance tailored to your needs.
- Homeowner insurance: This will cover your private residence, protect the contents of your home and your liability if someone gets hurt in your home.
- Renter insurance: Also called tenant insurance, it will protect your belongings and give you liability coverage. It doesn’t protect the home itself, but that’s fine because you don’t own it.
- Condo insurance: Condo insurance will protect your unit within a condo building, including the contents of the unit like appliances, clothing and furniture. It’ll also cover additional living expenses if you need to relocate while your condo is being repaired.
Home coverages that keep you protected
Switch to Onlia in 3 easy steps
Customize your coverage & see your discountsAdjust your coverage based on your needs, and see how much you save with our instant discounts.
Get a quote online in just a few minutesFill in a few details to see your price. Checkout, and be covered as soon as the next day.
Manage your insurance online, anytimeLog into My Account to make changes to your policy. No phone calls required.