Go online with Onlia for home insurance in Ottawa
Get affordable home insurance in Canada’s capital city.
- Extra affordable base premiums
- A full menu of discounts
- No phone calls. You do it all online
Affordable home insurance is becoming a must in Ottawa
Ottawa living is fast-paced and can be expensive. You may not have control over the housing market or taxes, but you can lower how much you’re paying for home insurance.
With the median price of insurance in Ontario at over $1000 per year, Onlia comes in with a competitive rate of just $485 for home insurance in Ottawa. With premium coverages and lower-than-average prices, what’s not to love?
Go online with Onlia for home insuranceWe offer the best of both worlds — low insurance costs and excellent full coverage. That’s because Onlia is digital direct home insurance.
Digital: Buying home insurance through Onlia can be done online, from getting a quote and buying a policy to changing a policy or submitting a claim. It’s seamless, and you’re not waiting around on one end of a phone for someone else to finish your quote for you.
Direct: You’re buying home insurance directly from Onlia and not a broker or other third party. Buying directly gives you access to all our home insurance discounts that make your home insurance cheap.
Home insurance coverage in Ottawa
While home insurance isn’t required by law in Ottawa, many lenders require that you have it.
But even if you’re mortgage-free, you’ll still want it to protect yourself from paying thousands (possibly more) to replace or repair damaged or stolen items.
Types of home insurance from Onlia
Whether you’ve just bought your first time, planning to rent, or have a condo, we have insurance tailored to your needs.
- Homeowner insurance: This will cover your private residence, protect the contents of your home and your liability if someone gets hurt in your home.
- Renter insurance: Also called tenant insurance, it will protect your belongings and give you liability coverage. It doesn’t protect the home itself, but that’s fine because you don’t own it.
- Condo insurance: Condo insurance will protect your unit within a condo building, including the contents of the unit like appliances, clothing and furniture. It’ll also cover additional living expenses if you need to relocate while your condo is being repaired.
Switch to Onlia in 3 easy steps
Get a quote online in just a few minutes
Fill in a few details to see your price. Checkout, and be covered as soon as the next day.
Customize your coverage & see your discounts
Adjust your coverage based on your needs, and see how much you save with our instant discounts.
Manage your insurance online, anytime
Log into My Account to make changes to your policy. No phone calls required.