A handy to-do list for transitioning your vehicle from summer to fall
The summer months were great, weren’t they? With all those warm sunny days, hopefully you enjoyed the great outdoors, had some fun activities, and maybe even got in a road trip (or a few). With the summer months now in the rear view mirror, your vehicle may need a little TLC to recover from all those excursions to the beach. We recommend taking an afternoon to check in on a few seasonal maintenance essentials. To help, we’ve put together a handy checklist, below.
Seasonal vehicle maintenance checklist:
- Clean air vents to rid of any dust and dirt particles
- Test your heating and A/C
- Vacuum the upholstery and under the seats
- Remove and clean the floor mats
- Cleanse germs from your steering wheel
- Wipe the dash and centre console
- Clean windows and rear view mirror
- Test your internal lights – dash, door ajar, overhead
- Test your wipers and replace any blades, as necessary
- Test your lights (headlights, breaking, turn)
- Clean external mirrors
- Squeegee or car wash – both are fun!
Under the Hood:
- Check your engine oil
- Check your fluids – Brake, power steering, washer, antifreeze/coolant
- Check your filters – Air, cabin, fuel
- Are any indicator lights flashing on your dash? This could be an indication of a need for specific servicing. A trip to your vehicle servicing provider can help for additional maintenance needs.
On the Ground:
- Check your tire pressure (find out how, here).
- Check your tire tread depth
- Depending on how many km’s you’ve driven, a tire balance and rotation may be needed
The above tips are intended to help keep your vehicle safe and tidy between seasonal check-ins with your licensed vehicle servicing provider. We hope these tips will help you get your vehicle ready and safe for fall driving!
Anything you’d like to add? Tweet us @OnliaCA #OnliaCA.